Tour Inclusions – Florida 2020
This tour is offered for sale again for 2020. As with all our tours it is subject to minimum numbers confirming.
Until such time as we receive information relating to the date of the 2020 Daytona 500, we will leave all the words below in place as they related to the 2018 tour to give you a guide as to what is included.
The 2018 Florida Speedweek Tour departs Australia on January 30th with the Daytona 500 being run on Sunday February 18th. The tour status is now ON and it will be leaving although we still have two spots available.
This is definitely a great trip for the diversity of racing and the amount of sightseeing.
The 2018 tour itinerary is now available to read and enjoy, specifically so that you can evaluate if you would like to join us.
2018 Florida Speedweek inclusions
- Return economy airfares ex Sydney to Miami via Los Angeles and San Francisco where we have a three night stopover. An Airfare credit of $2,200 has been included within the tour price. This simply means that we have attempted to accurately predict the cost of airfares in Feb 2018. If we have overstated the actual price when actually ticketed you will receive a refund. If we have understated it, then there will be a small differential to pay.
- 21 nights twin share* accommodation. 18 throughout the state of Florida, as identified in the Itinerary and three nights in San Francisco.
Our three nights in San Francisco are at the magnificent Handlery Hotel right in the heart of Frisco at Union Square.
The accommodation in Daytona Beach is fabulous with oceanfront rooms for 10 nights directly overlooking the Atlantic at the Lexington Inn & Suites right on the beach.
- Breakfasts every day except for San Francisco, which is deliberate so you can experience breakfast with the locals.
- A tour of Alcatraz, a two day San Francisco Hop on Hop off bus pass, plus a three day Cable car ticket to ride.
- The sensational Florida Keys and Key West. A truly unique place with the most magnificent sunsets imaginable. We now stay two nights in Key West … the place is that good!!
- Tickets and reserved seating at:The 47th Annual Dirt Track Winternationals for the World of Outlaws and the All Stars at Volusia Speedway. Five nights of sprintcar racing and a hundred UMP Modifieds ….. as well as one night of the WoO Late Models …… plus the Big Block Modifieds. And the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Models at East Bay Raceway in Tampa on the way through to Daytona Beach.
- One night of USAC non winged 410 sprintcars at Bubba Park Raceway.
- Three sensational races at Daytona Speedway including the 500, the X-Finity cars and the Camping World Trucks. Plus qualifying and the Advance Auto Parts dash if you want to go.
- For the X-Finity and the 500 races you will be in the Tri-oval Club high above the track. Check out the itinerary for more detail of this special arrangement.
- Ground travel to all races and events all over Florida. Plus airport and hotel transfers in San Francisco.
- Sprint Fanzone passes for the Trucks.
The Sprint Fanzone is an access package similar to pit passes for fans to get closer to drivers and race teams. The fanzone was built in 2004 as part of a renovation of the track’s infield. Fans are able to walk on top of the garages, known as the “fandeck”, and view track and garage activity. Fans can also view race teams working in the garage, including NASCAR technical inspection, through windows. The garage windows also include slots for fans to hand merchandise to drivers for autographs. The fanzone also includes a live entertainment stage, additional food and drink areas and various other activities and displays.
- An airboat ride through the Florida Everglades. See life on the Alligator Highway (US41). Hold a baby alligator close to your heart!
- A tour of Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Centre.
- Access to Orlando and all its Theme Parks. Accommodation is included here, but your entry tickets to whichever Parks you go to will be your own responsibility. We couldn’t possibly make this decision for you!
- Advice on what kind of post tour extension you may want to consider. We would suggest a cruise out of Miami. Or experience the thrill of Las Vegas perhaps?
* Single room supplement is available at an increased price.