2019 Indy 500 and Midget Madness tour
THE 2016 AND 2018 TOURS WERE ALSO SOLD OUT BUT THE SAME TOUR IS BEING OFFERED FOR SALE AGAIN IN 2021 AND WILL LEAVE AUSTRALIA ON TUESDAY MAY 25th 2021.
Contact us here if you’d like to join us.
The 2018 Indy 500 and Midget Madness tour itinerary is over and out, with all tour members returning to Australia thrilled with what they saw and experienced. Check out some of the Testimonials at the above link.
This tour is being offered right now for you to join us in 2019. The full itinerary is now set in stone and ready to rock and roll. It is one week longer than in previous years as USAC and POWRi have scheduled their respective Midget weeks one week after the Indy 500 is run.
You will leave Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane (or Auckland) on Tuesday May 21st headed straight for Indianapolis arriving same day. The itinerary showing at this link is the new 2019 version where you can read all about the enormous variety of racing you will get on this tour. The words in orange text are hyperlinks to websites to give you even more information. The shaded green text are the races you will see. All 22 with 21 of them included in your Tour price. Kokomo on June 2nd is a late addition to the schedule and hence is a personal cost.
In 2019 the dates for Indiana Midget Week are June 4th though 9th. The dates for Illinois Midget Week are June 12th through 16th. Eleven incredible nights of racing in one of the most outstanding classes of speedway competition in the world.
And before those eleven days you will also see the 103rd running of the greatest spectacle in motor racing – the Indy 500. With seating for 440,000, you won’t be the only one there …..
The popularity and extent of racing in Indiana and Illinois through late May and early June is extraordinary. Check out some more tour highlights that we are once again offering.
- The Tony Hulman Classic for USAC sprintcars at the storied Terre Haute Fairgrounds 1/2 mile
- The Hoosier Hundred for USAC’s Silver Crown cars at the famous one mile dirt oval at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Historically you will be in the right spot on Thursday May 23rd as the 2019 Hoosier Hundred will be the last one ever held at the Fairgrounds.
- Carb Day at the Indianapolis Speedway which includes the 100 mile race for the Freedom Light Indy open wheelers
- Non-winged 410 sprintcars at Bloomington Speedway for the Josh Burton Memorial
- The incredible Little 500 at Anderson Speedway. 33 non-wing sprintcars on a quarter mile high banked paved track for 500 laps!
- Kokomo Speedway for the Bryan Clauson Indiana Double straight after the Indy 500
- The World of Outlaws sprintcars at Lawrenceburg Speedway on Memorial Day
- The World of Outlaws sprintcars in a two night first time ever appearance in Nashville, Tennessee at the Fairgrounds
- Plus of course the Indy 500, Indiana and Illinois Midget weeks
Six nights will be spent in the Holiday Inn in Indianapolis, right in the heart of the downtown area. Hotel rooms are virtually unprocurable in Indianapolis and surrounds across the Indy 500 weekend. We have the race tickets and reserved seats for the Indy 500 that we need at this vast and historic complex.
Before we see the Outlaws in Nashville we’ll be touring through the magical states of Kentucky and Tennessee visiting bourbon distilleries like Jack Daniels and Jim Beam, Graceland, Sun Studios and Bike Night in Memphis and the Muhammad Ali Centre in Louisville. Plus we’ll call in at J&J Auto Racing in McKenzie TN to see those fabulous J&J sprintcar chassis being made.
We will also spend two nights in sensational Chicago, for a couple of non racing nights in what is fast becoming America’s most favourite city. An optional night at the baseball pops it head up here in the windy city. Ticket cost is less than the price of a beer at the stadium. Plus a day in St Louis after the opening night of Illinois Midget week at Belle Clair Speedway.
For every one of these 28 days you will be chauffeured around with your own driver in a Ford mini bus. No worries about where to go and how to get there. Just sit back in air conditioned comfort and arrive at the destination refreshed, hydrated and relaxed.
We only intend to take a limited number on this boutique tour ….. and we already have the minimum numbers needed to identify the tour as a goer. But there is still room for you!! If you’re interested in travelling with us in 2019, please drop us a line by clicking here. Or better still, give Pete Physick an immediate ring on 0419 264159 to confirm your place(s) on the tour. Don’t leave it too late as many spots are already taken.
Pricing and inclusions are shown at these links.
The popularity of this tour is such that we will offering it for sale again in 2021.