2022 Indy 500 and Midget Madness tour
The 2019 tour was sold out but we have left the pricing information in place to give you a guide to an indicative price for 2022. The price is very much dependent upon the length of the tour and the exchange rate between the US and Australian dollars at the time the tour is costed.
2019 TOUR PRICE : A$10,820
The 2019 tour is, by necessity, one week longer than our previous Indy 500 tours because USAC and POWRi changed the dates of their respective Midget Weeks. Even though the 2019 tour is seven nights longer and has 21 races on tap, it is only $905 more than in 2018. It includes practically everything as usual so check out the Inclusions page to see the value.
The price includes an airfare credit of A$1,600, (see below for details), 27 nights twin share accommodation with breakfast (except Memphis and Chicago) in great hotels (3.5 star and above), all race tickets (an expected 21 races in 27 days including the Indy 500 of course), dinner with Dave Argabright, all ground transport (we will do about 4,000 miles), tour clothing and all services from the Tour guide and driver Pete Physick.
The price for the 2019 tour is based on this Itinerary page.
If you would like to book your place on the 2019 tour or simply register your interest, please do so by clicking here. Or ring Peter Physick on 0419 264159. But please do not delay.
The price may vary according to airline requirements and exchange rate fluctuations. Costs are based on exchange rates at the time of publication and should there be a fluctuation between the two currencies, a re-cost may be necessary. Costs are based on Twin Share accommodation throughout the Tour. To secure your place on the Tour, an immediate deposit of $4,000 is payable.
We do our best to ensure we have even numbers on each tour to enable the Twin Share package to be cost effective. But it may be necessary to quote a Single Supplement price to anyone who books very late and we are unable to match you up with a fellow traveller.
1. Once the flight tickets are purchased, the deposit is not refundable. See below for details of your airfare credit included within the price. Air fares are based on flying economy class ex Australia to Indianapolis return. We recommend Qantas / American Airlines. Should you wish to travel on a specific airline, upgrade to Business Class, use points for your flights or will already be in the USA at the time, please contact us for a quote. If you need Australian domestic air travel to get to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, then please be aware that it is often cost effective to include these legs in your international ticket.
The current pricing market for international air travel can vary considerably from day to day. For this reason we have included a $1,600 Airfare Credit within the Tour price. This amount equals the approximate flight costs currently being offered by international airlines (as at December 2018). However please be aware that there may be an additional cost payable with your final payment to cover any increased costs associated with the international and/or domestic sector flights within the USA. Once your deposit is paid, we will monitor the airlines daily and will advise you of the best price we can obtain the flight tickets at before purchasing them. If the airlines are kind with their pricing, a small refund is often applicable.
2. Personal Travel Insurance is highly recommended to cover a prescribed eventuality from your end which may prevent you from travelling after paying your deposit. Elite Conference Management and Travel remain available to provide advice direct to you on this area in written correspondence, once we have received your completed Booking Form and deposit.
3. This comprehensive Booking form, which includes all Terms & Conditions, will be sent to you upon your confirmation that you wish to join the 2019 Indy 500 and Midget Madness Tour.
4. The number of days shown for the tour includes air travel time, but not your arrival day back into Sydney.
5. All accommodation on a Twin Share basis is included in your Tour, as are ground transfers to each and every event, luncheon and nominated race on the itinerary.
6. Tickets to 21 race meetings (including the Indy 500) are included in the Tour package.
7. Many daytime hours on selected days are kept free for you to explore the cities and towns we stay at, or see along the way. For your convenience we will have an optional Mississippi Riverboat cruise, a tour of the Gateway Arch and the Budweiser Brewery in St Louis. Most sightseeing remains a personal cost throughout the tour.
8. All monies will be paid to Elite Conference Management and Travel (ECM Travel) who are the official travel providers for Global Speedway Tours. ECM Travel is a fully licenced Travel Agency and a fully paid member of the Travel Compensation Fund. Licence # 3575049.
9. Rain is an unfortunate influence on speedway as you would know. Global Speedway Tours cannot be held responsible for any race meetings not proceeding as advertised once they are confirmed on the itinerary.
Ring Peter Physick on 0419 264159 for further info.