2021 MEGA MONTH OF MONEY tour(s)
THE MEGA MONTH OF MONEY TOUR – 2021
FOLLOW DONNY SCHATZ AROUND THE MIDWEST
You can do it all for 71 days…… or
The first half only for 36 days ….. or
The second half only for 36 days ….. or
St Louis and Knoxville only for 12 days
Now with Niagara Falls, plus New York City is back!
The first thing you'll notice is that 2020 has been changed to 2021. Yep the Coronavirus was the winner in 2020 and understandably we had to postpone our Mega MoM tour. On the assumption that the world returns to its former glory, we are going to try to do it all again 2021, or if we have to, 2022. In mid December of 2020 we released the 2021 itinerary which showcased the preliminary jigsaw puzzle of races and dates. This same link now gives you the final version of the tour schedule. You can see the highlights and a summary of the fabulous things you'll see, the races you'll be gob smacked by and the pulsating places you'll visit.
We were excited to release the 2020 tour and now are even more excited to release the improved 2021 itinerary. 2020 was 85% sold out and a lot of those folk have committed to travel again in 2021, but there are still a few places left on each component of the tour. So why not give Pete Physick a call on 0419 264159 as soon as you can if you like the look of what you'll be reading about.
Compared to previous GST tours, there are loads of new places and tracks we will be going to, plus of course tons of the old favourites are still there.
You should read all the good stuff that’s below, but if you really want to skip it and go straight to the itinerary, then just click or tap on Donny’s transporter above. The new 2021 FULL Tour itinerary in printable table format will appear.
So, if you would like to experience the thrill of travelling with us, then consider the following?
Racing highlights include:
- Two nights of USAC’s Indiana Midget Week
- Eight nights of the All-Stars in Ohio Sprintweek
- Winged 410’s at Path Valley in Pennsylvania … a new track for us
- Seven successive nights of Pennsylvania Sprintweek
- One night at Putnamville for the USAC and MSCS non wing sprintcars
- Midgets at the famed Beaver Dam Raceway and Angell Park Speedway in Wisconsin
- The WoO Late Models on the spectacular 1/5th mile at Macon, Illinois (TBC)
- The NASCAR Trucks on the hallowed dirt at Knoxville Raceway
- The USAC and POWRi non winged 410 sprintcars at Knoxville Raceway for the Cornbelt Nationals
- Late Models in the Hell Tour at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Indiana
- The World of Outlaws sprintcars at Attica Raceway Park in the Brad Doty Classic
- Four nights of the Kings Royal at the jaw dropping Eldora Speedway. WoO sprintcars
- Winged 410’s at Tri-City Raceway Park in Franklin, Pennsylvania … a new track for us
- The World of Outlaws sprintcars at Lernerville, Pennsylvania / Don Smith Classic
- Two nights of the World of Outlaws sprints in the Summer Nationals at Williams Grove, PA
- Three nights of USAC’s Indiana Sprintweek at Lawrenceburg, Putnamville and Terre Haute
- The extraordinary WoO Late Model Prairie Dirt Classic over two nights at the FALS Speedway in Fairbury, Illinois
- World of Outlaw Late Models at Outagamie Speedway in Seymour, Wisconsin
- A Tractor Pull at McLean County Fair in Bloomington, Illinois (TBC)
- The incredibly fast I-55 Speedway in Pevely, Missouri for the WoO sprintcars 2-night Iron Man 55 show plus the absurdly spectacular POWRi midgets
- The Capitani Classic at Knoxville Raceway
- The extraordinary winged sprintcar party races over two nights at Oskaloosa in Iowa
- Concluding the tour(s) with the four nights of the Knoxville Nationals
- Marshalltown Speedway as an optional alternative to night 3 at Knoxville
- Cedar Point Amusement Park with its 18 roller coasters (optional)
- Visit Sandusky Speedway to take a look at where those formidable super modifieds race
- Nine days of Ohio sights and sounds including lunch out on Lake Erie at Put-In-Bay
- Tour the Ohio State Reformatory and drive the Shawshank Trail in Mansfield, Ohio
- Visit the Mid-Ohio Sportscar road course
- The American Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio
- Lunch with Jack Hewitt and Dave Argabright in Troy, Ohio
- Visit the astoundingly good US Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio
- Travel to New York City by AMTRAK for three nights and four full days
- Seven days of roaming Pennsylvania seeing Gettysburg, York, (the Harley Davidson factory), Hershey, Intercourse in Amish country and the incredible Eastern Museum of Motor Racing
- Visit Madison, the capital of Wisconsin
- Check out Lambeau Field, the home of the Green Bay Packers in Wisconsin
- Visit Road America at Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin
- Private tour of the feared and famous Winchester Speedway, the world’s fastest paved half mile
- Party with Stubb at the Kings Royal!!
- Visit perhaps the best known natural wonder of the world – Niagara Falls. We’ll stay the night in Canada!
- Visit the incredibly humbling Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania
- Back in PA we’ll be doing a lot of the same stuff with the second half folks that we did earlier with the first
- Tour the amazing complex known as Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis and Lucas Oil Raceway
- Visit the Indianapolis Speedway, see the Museum and take the VIP Grounds tour (TBC)
- Visit Gasoline Alley, buy T-Shirts for $5, see Brownsburg and all the race shops
- Visit Streator, Illinois where Bob Tattersall lived. Meet his widow, the delightful Dee
- Two nights in my favourite city of Chicago. You’ll fall in love with the old girl
- Optional, but you should go see the Chicago White Sox play the Cleveland Indians in the baseball
- Tour the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Tour Chicagoland NASCAR Track and the Route 66 Drag Strip complex in Joliet, Illinois
- Cruise the Mississippi in St Louis and travel to the top of the Gateway Arch in St Louis (optional)
- Swing through the St Louis Budweiser Brewery for their (optional) tour and enjoy lunch in the Biergarten
- Tour more of Route 66
- Lunch at Toby K’s Hideaway in Boone, Iowa
- See the most beautiful) horses you’ll ever see at Dianna’s Shining Stars Stables in Altoona, Iowa
- Outlet Shopping in Des Moines
- Optional visit to the enormous Iowa State Fair
- Farewell Mexican dinner at El Charro in Pella, Iowa
OK, so what do the above colours mean?
If you are going on the FULL Tour from Day 1 to Day 71 then everything in green, blue and red is in your Tour!! You’ll leave Australia on June 8th and step back onto Aussie soil on August 18th.
If you are wanting to do just the FIRST HALF of the Mega Tour (day 1 to day 36) then you should review the races and sightseeing in green text. You’ll leave Australia on June 8th and get home on July 15th.
If you are wanting to do just the SECOND HALF of the Mega Tour (days 35 to 71) then you should review everything in blue and red text. You’ll leave Australia on July 12th and get home on August 18th.
And if it is just the short ST LOUIS and KNOXVILLE ONLY tour (day 59 to 70) then you should review the red text. You’ll leave Australia on August 5th and get home on August 18th.
INCLUSIONS in the tour price are as follows.
- An Air Fare credit of $1,800. Because airfares vary so often and so quickly, we offer this credit towards your airfare which we will book for you. If your airfare is below $1,800, we will apply the difference to reduce your tour price. Equally if the airfare is higher than $1,800, we will add the difference to your final invoice. Or if you want to use points perhaps, or upgrade your class of air travel, then simply take $1,800 off your chosen tour price.
(NOTE: The short St Louis / Knoxville only tour price does not include an airfare credit. We will still arrange your airfares; however, they will be an additional price.)
- All race tickets to every nominated race on the itinerary. In the case of the FULL tour that is 49 race nights! The FIRST Half tour has 25, the SECOND half has 24 and the St Louis – Knoxville only tour has nine.
Note: Any last minute races added to the itinerary after the tour prices have been published will be a personal cost.
- All accommodation on a Twin Share basis for every night you are on tour. Hotels are 3.5 stars or better. See the Itinerary for all Hotel names. 482 rooms will need to be booked!
- Breakfast every day, except in the cities of New York and Chicago. Having brekky on the sidewalk out with the locals in a café or deli is much more preferable in these two cities!
- All ground transport from go to whoa in minibuses which we drive for you. We expect that the tours will do the following mileage:
FULL TOUR: 11,800+ miles (18,000 kms)
FIRST HALF tour: 6,000+ miles (9,600 kms)
SECOND HALF tour: 5,800+ miles (9,280 kms)
ST LOUIS / KNOXVILLE: 1,000+ miles (1,600 kms)
- All tolls on the freeways
- Welcome drinks on Days 1, 35 and 59.
- All parking costs
- The Hydrofoil (Jet Express) across Lake Erie to ‘Put in Bay’ (return) on Day 6
- Lunch with Jack Hewitt and Dave Argabright on Day 10
- Return AMTRAK train tickets from Harrisburg to Penn Station in New York City
- Hop on Hop Off double decker bus passes in New York. Valid for three days and include admission to five tourist sites. Your choice from more than 50 nominated sites
- Subway passes for the phenomenal New York subway system
- Lunch and drinks on the Saturday of the Kings Royal in Stubb’s Eldora compound
- A guided tour of the extraordinary Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis (day 49)
- Indianapolis Speedway Museum and VIP Track Tour (day 50) Availability still TBC
- Global Speedway Tours corporate shirt and cap
- Incredibly detailed itineraries in your Travel Packs
There are numerous additional optional activities which are either free, or will be at a personal cost.
Please note carefully that the prices shown below and on the pricing page are applicable to the postponed 2020 tour. The 2021 tour will be re-costed according the financial climate applicable if and when we are permitted to leave Australia.
FULL TOUR of 68 days A$19,550
FIRST HALF tour of 34 days A$11,750
SECOND HALF tour of 36 days A$12,850
ST LOUIS / KNOXVILLE only of 12 days A$5,820 (no airfare credit)
All segments are subject to minimum and maximum numbers.
Click on this link for the brand new 2021 FULL TOUR itinerary in table format. You will also be able to clearly see where all the tours start and finish and what you get to see.
To get in contact with us, the link is here or phone Pete Physick on 0419 264159.