2020 MEGA MONTH OF MONEY tour(s)
THE “MEGA MONTH OF MONEY” TOUR 2020 FOLLOWING DONNY SCHATZ AROUND THE MIDWEST
YOU CAN DO ALL OF IT FOR 68 DAYS…… or
THE FIRST HALF ONLY FOR 34 DAYS ….. or
THE SECOND HALF ONLY FOR 36 DAYS ….. or
ST LOUIS & KNOXVILLE ONLY FOR 12 DAYS
As Joe Friday in Dragnet was known to say, “Here are the facts Ma’am”…….. After a full week of wearing out pencils, calculators, the internet and the telephone lines between Sydney and the USA, the Mega MONTH OF MONEY (MoM) tours are now available and on sale. We are excited to release these tours and anticipate that they will fill up fast. There are loads of new places and tracks we will be going to, plus of course tons of the old favourites are still there.
You should read all the good stuff that’s below, but if you really want to skip it and go straight to the itinerary, then just click or tap on Donny’s transporter above. The updated (as at Jan 6th 2020) FULL itinerary in printable table format will appear.
So, if you would like to experience the following?
- Nine successive nights of the All-Stars in Ohio Sprintweek (see the itinerary for the tracks)
- Seven successive nights of Pennsylvania Sprintweek (see the itinerary for the tracks)
- One night at Putnamville for the MSCS non wing sprintcars
- Two nights at Angell Park Speedway for the Pepsi Midget Nationals
- The WoO Late Models on the spectacular ¼ mile at Macon, Illinois
- The USAC and POWRi non winged 410 sprintcars at Knoxville Raceway for the Cornbelt Nationals over two nights
- The World of Outlaws sprintcars at the history dripping Terre Haute Action Track
- The World of Outlaws sprintcars at Attica Raceway Park in the Brad Doty Classic
- Four nights of the Kings Royal at the jaw dropping Eldora Speedway. WoO and USAC sprints
- The World of Outlaws sprintcars at Lernerville, Pennsylvania
- Two nights of the World of Outlaws sprints in the Summer Nationals at Williams Grove, PA
- Three nights of USAC’s Indiana Sprintweek at Lawrenceburg, Putnamville and Terre Haute
- The extraordinary WoO Late Model Prairie Dirt Classic over two nights at the FALS Speedway in Fairbury, Illinois
- The All-Stars at 34 Raceway in Burlington, Iowa
- A Tractor Pull at McLean County Fair in Bloomington, Illinois (TBC)
- The incredibly fast I-55 Speedway in Pevely, Missouri for the WoO 2-night Iron Man 55 show plus the absurdly quick POWRi midgets
- The Capitani Classic at Knoxville Raceway
- The extraordinary winged sprintcar party races over two nights at Oskaloosa in Iowa
- Concluding the tour(s) with the four nights of the Knoxville Nationals
- Travel to New York City by AMTRAK for three nights and four days
- Nine days of Ohio sights and sounds including lunch out at ‘Put in Bay’ on Lake Erie
- Seven days of roaming Pennsylvania seeing Gettysburg, York, (the Harley Davidson factory), Hershey, visit Intercourse in Amish country and the incredible Eastern Museum of Motor Racing
- Visit Streator, Illinois where Bob Tattersall lived. Meet his widow Dee
- Private tour of the feared and famous Winchester Speedway, the world’s fastest paved half mile
- Party with Stubb at the Kings Royal!!
- Visit the Flight 93 Memorial at Stoystown in Pennsylvania (PA)
- Back in PA we’ll be doing similar to what we did earlier in the tour with the first half folks
- Visit the Indianapolis Speedway, see the Museum and take the VIP Grounds tour (TBC)
- Visit Gasoline Alley, buy T-Shirts for $5, see Brownsburg and all the race shops
- Two nights in my favourite city of Chicago. You’ll fall in love with the old girl
- Optional, but you definitely should go see the Chicago Cubs play the Atlanta Braves at Wrigley Field
- Cruise the Mississippi in St Louis and travel to the top of the Gateway Arch in St Louis
- If the Budweiser Brewery cooperates and reinstates their free tours, we’ll be there too
- Visit Ian Madsen’s race shop in Granger, Iowa before lunching at Toby K’s Hideaway
- See the most extraordinary horses you’ll ever see at Dianna’s Shining Stars Stables
- Outlet Shopping in Des Moines
- Farewell Mexican dinner at El Charro in Pella, Iowa
OK, so what do the above colours mean?
If you are going on the FULL Tour from Day 1 to Day 68 then everything in green, blue and red is in your Tour!! You’ll leave Australia on June 11th and step back onto Aussie soil on August 19th.
If you are wanting to do just the FIRST HALF of the Mega Tour (day 1 to day 34) then you should review the races and sightseeing in green text. You’ll leave Australia on June 11th and get home on July 16th.
If you are wanting to do just the SECOND HALF of the Mega Tour (days 33 to 68) then you should review everything in blue and red text. You’ll leave Australia on July 13th and get home on August 19th.
And if it is just the short ST LOUIS and KNOXVILLE ONLY tour (day 57 to 68) then you should review the red text. You’ll leave Australia on August 6th and get home on August 19th.
INCLUSIONS in the tour price are as follows.
- An Air Fare credit of $1,800. Because airfares vary so often and so quickly, we offer this credit towards your airfare which we will book for you. If your airfare is below $1,800, we will apply the difference to reduce your tour price. Equally if the airfare is higher than $1,800, we will add the difference to your final invoice. Or if you want to use points perhaps, or upgrade your class of air travel, then simply take $1,800 off your chosen tour price.
(NOTE: The short St Louis / Knoxville only tour price does not include an airfare credit. We will still arrange your airfares; however, they will be an additional price.)
- All race tickets to every nominated race on the itinerary. In the case of the FULL tour that is 48 race nights! The FIRST Half tour has 23, the SECOND half has 25 and the St Louis – Knoxville only tour has nine.
Note: Any last minute races added to the itinerary after the tour prices have been published (which was Dec 24th 2019) will be a personal cost.
- All accommodation on a Twin Share basis for every night you are on tour. Hotels are 3.5 stars or better. See the following Itinerary for all Hotel names. 554 rooms have been booked!
- Breakfast every day, except in the cities of New York and Chicago. Having brekky on the sidewalk out with the locals in a café or deli is much more preferable in these two cities!
- All ground transport from go to whoa in minibuses which we drive for you. We expect that the tours will do the following mileage:
FULL TOUR: 11,800+ miles (18,000 kms)
FIRST HALF tour: 6,000+ miles (9,600 kms)
SECOND HALF tour: 5,800+ miles (9,280 kms)
ST LOUIS / KNOXVILLE: 1,000+ miles (1,600 kms)
- All tolls on the freeways
- Welcome drinks on Days 1, 33 and 57.
- All parking costs
- The Hydrofoil (return) across Lake Erie to ‘Put in Bay’ on Day 8
- Lunch at Stubb’s place on Day 9
- Return AMTRAK train tickets from Harrisburg to Penn Station in New York City
- Hop on Hop Off double decker bus passes in New York. Valid for three days and include admission to five tourist sites. Your choice from more than 50 nominated sites
- Subway passes for the phenomenal New York subway system
- Lunch and drinks on the Saturday of the Kings Royal in Stubb’s Eldora compound
- A guided tour of the extraordinary Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis (day 47)
- Indianapolis Speedway Museum and VIP Track Tour (day 48) Availability still TBC
- Global Speedway Tours corporate shirt and cap
- Incredibly detailed itineraries in your Travel Packs
There are numerous additional optional activities which are either free, or will be at a personal cost.
FULL TOUR of 68 days A$19,550
FIRST HALF tour of 34 days A$11,750
SECOND HALF tour of 36 days A$12,850
ST LOUIS / KNOXVILLE only of 12 days A$5,820 (no airfare credit)
All segments are subject to minimum and maximum numbers.
Click on this link for the entire updated FULL TOUR itinerary in table format. You will also be able to clearly see where all the tours start and finish and what you get to see.
To get in contact with us the link is here or phone Pete Physick on 0419 264159.